28. August 2021
Blog , News and Events
The SpectroProcessor team of Centre for Microsystem, Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering, Nagpur have been shortlisted amongst the top 30 finalists of Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge an initiative by MeitY, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under #AatmaNibharBharat Abhiyan. The team consists of Ms. Sangeeta Palekar Sammanwar, Research Scholar, Electronics Engineering Department, faculty mentors Dr. (Mrs.) Jayu Kalambe (RCOEM, Nagpur) and Dr. Rajendra Patrikar (VNIT, Nagpur). The team is working on the project titled “Design and development of SpectroProcessor for Biomedical Applications”, This project focuses on the development of fully indigenous blood analysis platform around swadeshi core processors and overcomes the hardware dependency of existing instruments by providing software-based solutions.
||The Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge provides impetus to the strong ecosystem of start-ups, innovators & researchers in the country. Under this challenge Swadeshi Microprocessors were made available under Microprocessor Development Programme initiated by MeitY by IIT Madras (शक्ति processors) and C-DAC (वेगा processors) on FPGA Boards of XILINX, to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship by innovating frugal solutions around home-grown processor ecosystem catering to both global and domestic requirements.
Total 6169 teams (about 10,024 Participants) had registered for the challenge, out of which 1200 qualified for the quarter final,100 teams were selected for the semifinal and now 30 have reached final round. Rs. 1 lakh was awarded to the team at semifinal stage and now will be awarded with upto Rs. 4 lakhs for prototype development. Top 10 team will be awarded with 23 Lakhs for product development and 12-month incubation support.
24. August 2021
Blog , News and Events
About the Event:
HackWithInfy is conducted in two rounds:
- Round 1: May 5, 7, and 9, 2021 [An online individual participation round on Infosys Assessment Platform]
- Final round (virtual Grand Finale): August 20 – August 23, 2021 [The 48-hour hackathon among teams and the Grand Finale hosted on Infosys Meridian]
- HackWithInfy is a coding competition for engineering students graduating in the year 2021.
- The coding competition have a registration of around 2 lakh participants from all over India in 2021.
- The top 100 participants from Round 1 will compete in the four-day virtual grand finale in August 2021
- After the coding round Top 99 Candidates from all over India were selected for a 48Hr National Hackathon where each team has to select 1 problem statement amongst 3 statements and build the solution to that industry problem statement in 48 hrs.
- Akshat Chandak [VII Semester CSE Student] First Runner Up Position i.e., 2nd Place in the Hackathon from Top 20 teams in India with prize amount INR 1,00,000.
Virtual Assist – Visual Aid and Navigational Tool for Blind people.
Award Ceremony Live Stream from Infosys Youtube Channel:
Event Portal :
The highest award instituted by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University 'Rashtrasant Tukadoji Jivansadhana Puraskar' was conferred upon Shri Satyanarayan Nuwal, Chairman of RCOEM on 4th August 2021. The ceremony was conducted on digital platform on the occassion of 98th Foundation Day of the University.